This vegan breakfast is a tasty spin on a traditional breakfast option. It’s packed with nutritional value, warms the belly, and tantalizes the taste buds. I hope you enjoy!
Ready in 20 minutes
Serving for one
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ¼ tsp. Baking powder
- 1/16 tsp. Salt
- 2 tablespoons The Nutty Gourmet maple cinnamon walnut butter (can also be substituted with Trader Joe’s cookie butter)
- ⅓ cup almond milk (can also be substituted with soy or oat milk)
- 2 tablespoons aquafaba (see notes for additional egg white replacement options)
- ¼ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease oven small safe bowl or large ramekin.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together walnut butter, and aquafaba until well combined. Whisk in milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients. The mixture will be sticky. Be sure to combine wet and dry ingredients thoroughly before transferring into baking dish, using a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Option: Top baked oatmeal with agave, pure maple syrup, banana sauce, nuts, fresh fruit, or raspberry compote
In a small bowl, mash together 1/2 medium-sized ripe banana with about 2 Tbsp of Plain or Vanilla coconut/almond milk/soy yogurt until smooth. Puree (or mash) in a few drops of pure vanilla extract and a few dashes of ground cinnamon. Drizzle, drizzle. Yum!
To satisfy your tartness taste buds, try this yummy Compote from the Minimalist Baker, https://minimalistbaker.com/simple-berry-compote/
Egg White replacements = 1 egg
- 2 tbsp aquafaba (best option for egg white)
- 3 tbsp water + 1 tbsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pureed tofu
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil