This broccoli bowl is easy peasy, high protein & cruelty Free: A simplified, vegan friendly spin on a household favorite with 5 ingredients in 5 minutes.
No Meat, No Problem for this Broccoli Bowl!
One of the primary questions we all face when transitioning to a plant-based diet is “What the heck do I eat? Kale and Seeds?”.
It’s an overwhelming task to create a menu for not only yourself, but more so, for the picky discerning palates of our little ones. Early on, we decided the best way to adopt this new way of life is to change as little as possible, when it comes to preparing a menu.
So, here’s a favorite lunch or dinner go-to at the Mavs. This recipe is not only inexpensive and easy, but also incredibly filling at approx. 40g of protein! It’s an awesome source of calcium, fiber, iron and jam packed with vitamins.
We have found these Veggie Burgers to be one of the most versatile meatless burger options out there. They have a light Parmesan sharpness with a beefy likeness. Try them in your own creations where you might ordinarily use ground beef or turkey. Who knows? Maybe you’ll fall in love like we did.
You can put this meal together almost as quickly as the shower gets hot, and eat it as soon as you get out and dressed (or don’t).
Trader Joe’s Hi-Protein Veggie Burger 2pk (26g protein/patty!)
2 Large Broccoli Heads
2tsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce of choice
1/8c Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (or to desired heat)
Juice of Two Large Lemons
It really is as simple as 1,2,3.
- Cut broccoli heads into florets. Steam for 7 minutes in a vented microwaveable, container with 1/4c water. *you can also use any steaming method of choice to desired texture
- Follow heating instructions on Trader Joe’s box. I typically microwave for convenience. One minute, flip, one more minute. The burgers are softer and fall apart this way, which is also my preference.
- Mix lemon juice, Sriracha, and Liquid Aminos in a large, lidded bowl before tossing with broccoli and veggie burgers.
- (So, I lied. There’s four steps, but maybe you’re already digging in) Cut burgers into bite sized pieces or use fork to mash up and throw into bowl. Shake all the yummy goodness together and DEVOUR.
Broccoli Bowl Side notes
- Adjust sauce proportions to taste. This is the approximate amounts we use, but most of the time, it’s eyeballed and sampled along the way.
- For an added cheesy flavor, sprinkle with Bragg Nutritional Yeast.
- This recipe would taste delicious with pretty much any vegetable you choose, so don’t let the name close the lid on your creativity.